OK, I’m now officially very anxious about climate legislation. I’ll admit I’m sensitive from the Obama climate abandonment, but I sense trouble.
1. Climate has fallen out of the infrastructure discussion, as it took its bipartisanship detour. It may not return. So then what?
2. I don’t see the preparatory work for a close Senate climate vote taking place in the administration. Why not marshal business support?
3. Corporate America is still completely AWOL if not worse on climate in Congress. All the major corporate trade associations suck — all of them.
4. Groups and advocates are quarreling — My way! No, my way! We need everything, not “my thing.” Oy.
5. Oceans are a big part of climate and so far no significant oceans/coasts effort apparent in administration. Trying to repair that in Senate.
We need planning, organizing and momentum. It’s not going to be easy. And it has to work. We are running out of time.
Oh, and look what came in the news. Atmospheric CO2 hits new peak.