- The green swan. Patrick Bolton, Morgan Despres, Luiz Awazu Pereira Da Silva, Frédéric Samama, Romain Svartzman, January 2020.
- Breaking the tragedy of the horizon — climate change and financial stability. Mark Carney, Governor of the Bank of England and Chairman of the Financial Stability Board, 29 September 2015.
- Confronting the challenges of tomorrow’s world. Paul Fisher, Deputy Head of the Prudential Regulation Authority and Executive Director, Insurance Supervision. 3 March 2015.
Paul Fisher: Confronting the challenges of tomorrow's world
Thank you for inviting me to speak to you today. As many of you will know I have been covering as Executive Director of…
- A call for action: Climate Change As a Source of Financial Risk. NGFS, April 2018.
- The geographical distribution of fossil fuels unused when limiting global warming to 2 °C. Christophe McGlade and Paul Ekins, January 2015.
The geographical distribution of fossil fuels unused when limiting global warming to 2 °C.
Nature. 2015 Jan 8;517(7533):187-90. doi: 10.1038/nature14016. Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't
- Macroeconomic impact of stranded fossil-fuel assets. Multiple authors, June 2018.
Macroeconomic impact of stranded fossil fuel assets
New fossil fuel investments may become stranded if demand for fossil fuel declines due to technological change. This…
- A climate stress-test of the financial system. Stefano Battiston, Antoine Mandel, Irene Monasterolo, Franziska Schütze & Gabriele Visentin, 27 March 2017.
A climate stress-test of the financial system
The urgency of estimating the impact of climate risks on the financial system is increasingly recognized among scholars…
- EXPERT REPORT OF JOSEPH E. STIGLITZ, PH.D. Kelsey Cascadia Rose Juliana; Xiuhtezcatl Tonatiuh M., through his Guardian Tamara Roske-Martinez; et al., Plaintiffs, v. The United States of America; Donald Trump, in his official capacity as President of the United States; et al., Defendants. June 2018.
- Life’s a Beach. Freddie Mac, 26 April 2016.
Life's a Beach
So you've always dreamed of living at the beach, but you're discouraged by the high price of beachfront property? Not…
- Underwater: Rising Seas, Chronic Floods, and the Implications for US Coastal Real Estate. Union of Concerned Scientists, June 2018.
- Coastal Mortgage Value Collapse. Risk & Insurance, 7 April 2017.
Coastal Mortgage Value Collapse - Risk & Insurance
Rising seas encroach on our cities and towns at rates exponentially greater than before. So-called King Tides, urged on…
- As the seas have been rising, home values have been sinking. First Street Foundation, 25 July 2018.
As the Seas Have Been Rising, Home Values Have Been Sinking - First Street Foundation
Scientists from First Street Foundation find $7.4 billion has been lost in home value across 5 coastal states from 2005…
- Sea Level Rise Sinks Mississippi Home Values by More Than $263 Million. First Street Foundation, 3 December 2018.
Sea Level Rise Sinks Mississippi Home Values by More Than $263 Million - First Street Foundation
First Street Foundation scientists have analyzed recent housing market trends in Mississippi and found home values lost…
- Rising Seas Swallow $403 Million in New England Home Values. First Street Foundation, 22 January 2019.
Rising Seas Swallow $403 Million in New England Home Values - First Street Foundation
First Street Foundation scientists have found that increased tidal flooding caused by sea level rise has eroded…
- Sea Level Rise Sinks Alabama Home Values by More Than $157 Million. First Street Foundation, 3 December 2018.
Sea Level Rise Sinks Alabama Home Values by More Than $157 Million - First Street Foundation
First Street Foundation scientists analyzed Alabama housing market trends and found home values lost $157.9 million…
- Climate change is forecast to heighten US exposure to economic loss placing short and long-term credit pressure on US states and local governments. Moody’s, 28 November 2017.
Moody's: Climate change is forecast to heighten US exposure to economic loss placing short- and…
New York, November 28, 2017 -- The growing effects of climate change, including climbing global temperatures, and…
- Why It May Make Economic Sense To Tackle Global Warming. S&P Global Market Intelligence, 5 December 2018.
Why It May Make Economic Sense To Tackle Global Warming
Dec. 05 2018 - Climate change is no longer a problem for the future. It has already started to alter the functioning of…
- Getting physical: assessing climate risks. BlackRock Investment Institute, April 2019.
Getting physical: scenario analysis for assessing climate-related risks | BlackRock
General Disclosure: This material is not intended to be relied upon as a forecast, research or investment advice, and…
- The Effects of Climate Change on GDP by Country and the Global Economic Gains From Complying With the Paris Climate Accord. Earth’s Future Volume 6 Issue 8, 13 July 2018.